Consultations on changes to NUAST
The Directors of the Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology (NUAST) have proposed a change to the status and admissions at the Academy.
From September 2018, the Board of Directors are proposing that NUAST accepts a Year 7 intake of 120 students. As a result of this decision, NUAST would change from being a 14-18 Academy to becoming an 11-18 Academy. NUAST would continue to specialise in Science, Engineering and IT, building on strong KS4 and KS5 exam results this summer.
The decision to consult on this proposal is supported by Nottingham City Council.
As part of this proposal the Board of Directors at NUAST undertook two statutory consultations which ran from the 1st December 2016 to Wednesday 1st February 2017.
The consultations sought the views of the following stakeholders:
- Parents/carers of students who attend the academy
- Parents/carers of the students who attend local primary schools
- Other parents in the area
- Other people in the area who may have an interest in the proposed admission arrangements
- All other admission authorities within the relevant area, including those in neighbouring LA areas
To support this process, we held a public meeting at NUAST on the 11th January 2017 at 5pm.
The consultation report is available to download below: