Welcome to Science Enrichment!
As part of the KS5 science enrichment pupils are taking part in the gold CREST award. This allows them to conduct real research in a longer-term project that requires around 70 hours’ work. At Gold level, students’ work is expected to contribute something new to the scientific or technological community or to a particular field of study
Crest has many benefits including;
- Improved GCSE grades and increased interest in continuing in STEM education and careers
- Giving students a sense of achievement for students of all ages and abilities
- Giving students a real-life experience of ‘being’ a scientist and working on STEM projects
- Students can use CREST to enhance their UCAS personal statements – our scheme is well-regarded by universities
- Extra value from other activities, such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, STEM Clubs, Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and the Children’s University Passport to Learning.
- Rocket trip at Kimberly school
The trip was organised by the University of Nottingham and the Ogdon trust. (21/06/2018)
- Y12 Chemists educational visit to The University of Nottingham
Chemistry lectures and thunder and lightning demonstrations (24/01/2017)
- NUAST students come second from 200 schools!
Chemistry Challenge (20/01/2016)