Year 13 University applicants- what next?
For our year 13 university applicants, the exciting times are approaching!
However, the process after application can be confusing. What do you need to do next?
- Firstly, you need to keep logging on to UCAS track so that you can track your offers. Some universities will write to you with an offer but you are likely to hear about an offer first through Track
- Carefully study the conditions of the offer in terms of Grades. What do they want you to get in order to secure the place? Is it realistic for you?
- When you have your offers (it is best to wait for all of them), you then need to decide on a FIRM CHOICE and a RESERVE CHOICE. Your firm choice is the one you want to go to; your reserve is the one you will go to if you don't meet the grades of your firm choice. Your reserve should obviously be a lower grade offer and is a back up for you.
- You have until 4th May to make your firm and reserve choices. After this date all your choices will be automatically declined.
- UCAS key dates can be found here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/key-dates
- You then need to think about applying for student finance- this can be done once you know where you are applying to.
- UCAS will send you a reminder to do this, but you can also apply or find out more information here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance
- It will be a good idea to contact your university about accommodation in Halls of residence, although usually Universities will contact you about this themselves
- Get the grades! Results day is 18th August
- Good luck, and if any students or parents have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mr Edwards
- DEADLINE APPROACHING: UCAS students have until MAY 4TH to make their choices
Final decision deadline is approaching (21/04/2017)
- Year 13 Parents Evening- Wednesday 3rd February 5.00pm-7.00pm
Letters and appointment cards sent home today (27/01/2016)
- Year 13 University applicants- what next?
The next steps if you have applied for university (14/01/2016)
- UCAS application deadline- 15th January
NUAST students complete applications (14/01/2016)
- Year 13 Parents Evening
Wednesday 3rd February (13/01/2016)
- NUAST is open to all students today - Monday 11/12/17
All year groups should attend as normal today. (Whole School - 11/12/2017)
- Inclement Weather
Winter weather closure procedure (Whole School - 09/12/2017)
- Year 10 and Year 12 Settling in evening: Thursday 5th October 4.30-7.00pm
Year 10 and 12 parents are invited to meet teachers and tutors (Whole School - 27/09/2017)
- NUAST celebrates its best ever GCSE results
NUAST sees amazing individual achievements and strong overall performance (Whole School - 24/08/2017)
- Outstanding A and AS Level Results
Students at NUAST have delivered outstanding A Level and Level 3 qualification results. (Whole School - 17/08/2017)
- Midland Masonic Scholarship for Science and Technology
A cheque for £2000 has been presented to NUAST to support students work. (Whole School - 17/08/2017)
- Year 12 Enrolment 2017-18
Information for all incoming Year 12's on enrolment (Whole School - 17/07/2017)
- Year 10 students from NUAST clean-up Dunkirk
NUAST students have been involved in a community environmental project. (Whole School - 27/06/2017)
- Ningbo Xingning School Visit
Our exchange visits with our partner school in Ningbo, China will soon begin. (Whole School - 11/06/2017)
- Internation Women in Engineering Day - TARMAC Event
NUAST are very pleased to work with TARMAC support IWED event. (Whole School - 06/06/2017)