Year 13 University applicants- what next?
For our year 13 university applicants, the exciting times are approaching!
However, the process after application can be confusing. What do you need to do next?
- Firstly, you need to keep logging on to UCAS track so that you can track your offers. Some universities will write to you with an offer but you are likely to hear about an offer first through Track
- Carefully study the conditions of the offer in terms of Grades. What do they want you to get in order to secure the place? Is it realistic for you?
- When you have your offers (it is best to wait for all of them), you then need to decide on a FIRM CHOICE and a RESERVE CHOICE. Your firm choice is the one you want to go to; your reserve is the one you will go to if you don't meet the grades of your firm choice. Your reserve should obviously be a lower grade offer and is a back up for you.
- You have until 4th May to make your firm and reserve choices. After this date all your choices will be automatically declined.
- UCAS key dates can be found here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/key-dates
- You then need to think about applying for student finance- this can be done once you know where you are applying to.
- UCAS will send you a reminder to do this, but you can also apply or find out more information here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance
- It will be a good idea to contact your university about accommodation in Halls of residence, although usually Universities will contact you about this themselves
- Get the grades! Results day is 18th August
- Good luck, and if any students or parents have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mr Edwards
- Year 13 Parents Evening: Thursday 8th February 4:30- 7pm
Please visit us and discuss your child's progress (25/01/2018)
- Year 12 Mock exams
Begin the week of 29th January (24/01/2018)
- DEADLINE APPROACHING: UCAS students have until MAY 4TH to make their choices
Final decision deadline is approaching (21/04/2017)
- Year 13 Parents Evening- Wednesday 3rd February 5.00pm-7.00pm
Letters and appointment cards sent home today (27/01/2016)
- Year 13 University applicants- what next?
The next steps if you have applied for university (14/01/2016)
- UCAS application deadline- 15th January
NUAST students complete applications (14/01/2016)
- Year 13 Parents Evening
Wednesday 3rd February (13/01/2016)
- Celebration of Junior Maths Challenge results
First ever Junior Mathematics Challenge in NUAST history (Mathematics - 05/06/2019)
- Year 12 Parents Evening
Thursday 7th March 2019 (Whole School - 03/03/2019)
- Vex Robotics Success
NUAST are proud of our Vex team's success (Whole School - 03/03/2019)
- Congratulations to our Year 10 and 11 Mathematics champions.
0n 7th February forty of our year 10 and 11 students took part in the Intermediate Maths Challenge. (Whole School - 26/02/2019)
- Year 13 Oxbridge Success
SIX students have been successful in winning a place at Oxford or Cambridge Universities (Whole School - 16/01/2019)
- Year 13 returning from study leave Thursday 17th
Normal lessons resume on Thursday 17th January (Whole School - 16/01/2019)
- Success for the VEX Robotics team
On the 21 st November a group of NUAST students participated in the Stowe School regional VEX roboti (Whole School - 23/11/2018)
- Fantastic Senior Mathematics Challenges Result
Best Senior Mathematics Challenge in NUAST history (Mathematics - 14/11/2018)
- Odd Sock Day at NUAST
As part of Anti-bullying week 2018 NUAST students have been encouraged to wear odd socks for the day (Whole School - 13/11/2018)
- Third in the Senior Team Mathematics Challenge
Best Senior Team Mathematics Challenge in NUAST history (Mathematics - 07/11/2018)