Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- Year 10 and Year 12 Settling in evening: Thursday 5th October 4.30-7.00pm
Year 10 and 12 parents are invited to meet teachers and tutors (Whole School - 27/09/2017)
- NUAST celebrates its best ever GCSE results
NUAST sees amazing individual achievements and strong overall performance (Whole School - 24/08/2017)
- Outstanding A and AS Level Results
Students at NUAST have delivered outstanding A Level and Level 3 qualification results. (Whole School - 17/08/2017)
- Midland Masonic Scholarship for Science and Technology
A cheque for £2000 has been presented to NUAST to support students work. (Whole School - 17/08/2017)
- Year 12 Enrolment 2017-18
Information for all incoming Year 12's on enrolment (Whole School - 17/07/2017)