Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- Year 12 Parents Evening
Thursday 7th March 2019 (Whole School - 03/03/2019)
- Vex Robotics Success
NUAST are proud of our Vex team's success (Whole School - 03/03/2019)
- Congratulations to our Year 10 and 11 Mathematics champions.
0n 7th February forty of our year 10 and 11 students took part in the Intermediate Maths Challenge. (Whole School - 26/02/2019)
- Year 13 Oxbridge Success
SIX students have been successful in winning a place at Oxford or Cambridge Universities (Whole School - 16/01/2019)
- Year 13 returning from study leave Thursday 17th
Normal lessons resume on Thursday 17th January (Whole School - 16/01/2019)