NUAST is supported by a Board of Directors who carry out all the governance functions expected of a traditional school or academy governing body.
If you would like any further information or wish to contact the Board of Directors please contact the Clerk to the Directors, Mrs J. Parker at: email@example.com
2016-17 NUAST Board of Directors
- Nigel Akers
- Christine Hall
- David Holdsworth
- Ron Kenyon
- Deborah Robinson
- John Saunders (Chairman)
- Jon Westley
- John Tomasevic
- Noel Worley
- Chris Jagger
- David Bishop
Report from the Chair of NUAST Board of Directors- Directors Meeting 20th March 2017
At their meeting on 20th March 2017 the Board of Directors discussed the following:
- The transfer of NUAST into the Torch Academy Gateway Trust/Nova and the proposed change to an 11-18 academy with effect from September 2018. The current status is that approval is awaited from the Regional Schools Commissioner and the effective date is now expected to be later than April 2017.
- Preparations for an Ofsted visit were confirmed as going well.
- Student recruitment for September 2017 was on target but final numbers are difficult to predict.
- Reports on achievement including for vulnerable groups, attendance, behaviour, exclusions, safeguarding and teaching and learning were presented by the Principal.
- Health & Safety and Estates & Facilities reports were received. No significant issues were raised.
- Review of the Academy Examinations Policy and minor amendments approved.
- Directors expressed their satisfaction with the performance of the Academy and congratulated the Principal and his team on progress being made.
Chair of the Board of Directors
- Year 12 Enrolment 2017-18
Information for all incoming Year 12's on enrolment (Whole School - 17/07/2017)
- Year 10 students from NUAST clean-up Dunkirk
NUAST students have been involved in a community environmental project. (Whole School - 27/06/2017)
- Ningbo Xingning School Visit
Our exchange visits with our partner school in Ningbo, China will soon begin. (Whole School - 11/06/2017)
- Internation Women in Engineering Day - TARMAC Event
NUAST are very pleased to work with TARMAC support IWED event. (Whole School - 06/06/2017)
- Yr10 Parents Evening
The Year 10 parents evening takes place this Thursday 8th June from 5.00 until 7.00. (Whole School - 05/06/2017)