NUAST offers specialist provision in STEM subjects with access to excellent facilities for Science, ICT and Engineering. With the engagement of world-class employers and links with the University of Nottingham, students will be able to experience a range of learning opportunities that will equip them with excellent examination results and experiences that will add to their personal profile making them of interest to employers and universities as they move to the next stage in their life. Through assemblies, PSHCE sessions and enrichment NUAST students will experience themes in Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education to enable them to understand and contribute to life in modern Britain.
Year 10 and 11
All of our students study the core curriculum of Maths, Science and English and will then select a 'pathway' in engineering or ICT where they will study two or three GCSE equivalent qualifications which will include:
- Engineering Pathway: Cambridge National Qualifications in Engineering Design, Engineering Manufacture and Engineering Systems and Control
- ICT/Computing Pathway: GCSE Computer Science, Cambridge National ICT
Students will then select two option choices from:
- History, Geography, Spanish, Business Studies, Product Design, Computer Science, Photography and media studies.
Year 12 and 13
Our Post 16 students are able to select from a broad range of subject choices that offer both Specialist STEM subjects as well as broader subject choices. These include:
- A Level pathway choosing from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Psychology, Sociology, Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering Design, Product Design, Business Studies
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering equivalent to three A Levels
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science equivalent to three A Levels
In addition, students are offered the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) which carries UCAS points and equips students with the rigorous research skills, so critical in today’s job market.
- Y10 and 11 Rugby
Students represent NUAST (Year 10 - 14/09/2019)
- Settling In Evening
An opportunity to meet your child's tutor (Year 10 - 14/09/2019)
- Settling In Evening
An opportunity to meet your child's tutor (Year 7 - 14/09/2019)
- Top NUAST GCSE performers
We are very proud of our Year 11 GCSE results this year. (Whole School - 05/09/2019)
- Term Start Dates for September 2019
We will have a phased return for students at the start of term. (Whole School - 19/08/2019)