NUAST offers specialist provision in STEM subjects with access to excellent facilities for Science, ICT and Engineering. With the engagement of world-class employers and links with the University of Nottingham, students will be able to experience a range of learning opportunities that will equip them with excellent examination results and experiences that will add to their personal profile making them of interest to employers and universities as they move to the next stage in their life. Through assemblies, PSHCE sessions and enrichment NUAST students will experience themes in Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education to enable them to understand and contribute to life in modern Britain.
Year 10 and 11
All of our students study the core curriculum of Maths, Science and English and will then select a 'pathway' in engineering or ICT where they will study two or three GCSE equivalent qualifications which will include:
- Engineering Pathway: Cambridge National Qualifications in Engineering Design, Engineering Manufacture and Engineering Systems and Control
- ICT/Computing Pathway: GCSE Computer Science, Cambridge National Imedia and Cambridge National ICT
Students will then select two option choices from:
- History, Spanish, Business Studies, Product Design, Computer Science and media.
Year 12 and 13
Our Post 16 students are able to select from a broad range of subject choices that offer both Specialist STEM subjects as well as broader subject choices. These include:
- A Level pathway choosing from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Psychology, Maths, Further Maths, History, Computer Science, Engineering Design, Product Design, Business Studies
- A BTEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Engineering equivalent to three A Levels
- A Cambridge National Level 3 ICT/Computing Qualification (2 A level equivalent) plus A level Computing.
In addition, students are offered the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) which carries UCAS points and equips students with the rigorous research skills, so critical in today’s job market.
- DEADLINE APPROACHING: UCAS students have until MAY 4TH to make their choices
Final decision deadline is approaching (Year 13 - 21/04/2017)
- Post 16 Mock Exams
Thursday 20th April - Friday 28th April (Whole School - 31/03/2017)
- Year 12 Reports go home today
Including offer letter and attendance statistics (Whole School - 31/03/2017)
- University of Nottingham History students teach at NUAST
UoN History undergraduates teach revision session (Whole School - 20/03/2017)
- ATOS Visit NUAST
Year 12 and 13 students meet major technology company (Year 12 - 20/03/2017)