NUAST's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy sets out guidelines to ensure that the rights of children are protected through staff awareness of the issues and the following of statutory and local guidelines in the reporting of concerns.
Children and young people are defined as those under the age of 18 years.
In line with the Department for Education’s statutory guidance on “Keeping children safe in education. Statutory guidance for schools and colleges.” (2016) and “What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused” (2015) the policy gives guidance on the:
- Role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Role of the Board of Directors
- Inappropriate behaviour with children and the implications for staff in breach of guidelines
- Responsibilities of Staff
- Staff training
- Categories of abuse.
- Specific safeguarding issues as outlined in the “Keeping children safe in education” document
A copy of NUASTs Safeguarding policy can be found on our Policies page.
Safeguarding : weblinks for parents
Also available: E-Safety Information and Advice
- Return to school dates - September 2018
Please check below for the dates that you return to/ start at NUAST (Whole School - 20/07/2018)
- A Level Results Day
16th August at 7.30am onwards (Whole School - 20/07/2018)
- End of 2017/18 Academic year
Last day of term is Tuesday 24th July school finishes at 2.55pm. (Whole School - 19/07/2018)
- Y10 Girls in Physics trip
Some lucky NUAST students attended a day hosted by The University of Nottingham. (Science - 13/07/2018)
- Nuast welcomes year 7 for their transition day
120 Year 7 students from across the city of Nottingham came to NUAST. (Whole School - 05/07/2018)