Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- Re-opening of NUAST
NUAST will begin phased reopening from 08/03/21 (Whole School - 08/03/2021)
- Remote Education - NUAST is closed to all students except keyworker students
Following DFE guidance NUAST is closed to all students except keyworker/vulnerable students. (Whole School - 03/01/2021)
- Year 7 2021 Open Evenings
Due to COVID restrictions Year 7 Open Evenings will take place virtually (Whole School - 17/09/2020)
- NUAST return to school in September
NUAST opens to all year groups (Whole School - 11/08/2020)
- Congratulations to our Year 7 and 8 Mathematics champions!
Sixty Year 7 and 8 students took part in a National Maths Competition. (Whole School - 11/07/2020)