Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- NUAST INSET day 4th December 2019
NUAST will be closed to pupils on Wednesday 4th December due to an INSET day. (Whole School - 05/11/2019)
- Settling In Evening Parent Feedback
Excellent feedback after only 5 weeks here at NUAST (Whole School - 04/10/2019)
- Settling In Evening positive comments
Feeling proud of our NUAST team achievements (Whole School - 04/10/2019)
- Settling In Evening October 2019
Positive evening spent with our new students and their parents/carers. (Whole School - 04/10/2019)
- Y10 and 11 Rugby
Students represent NUAST (Year 10 - 14/09/2019)