Bullying and Discrimination
Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
The form below enables you to report incidents of bullying (including cyberbullying), racism, extremism and radicalisation. You can use the form to tell us if you are concerned about your welfare or that of another person (including issues relating to mental health and self-harm). You do not have to give your name, but the more detail you can provide, the more likely we are to be able to help.
- Yr 8 Pewter casting - completed projects
Amazing opportunities for all our Yr8 Engineering students at NUAST (Engineering - 16/11/2023)
- Cross Country Success
10 Students have qualified for County Trials! (Physical Education - 15/11/2023)
- Yr 8 Pewter casting
Amazing opportunities for all our Yr8 Engineering students at NUAST (Engineering - 06/11/2023)
- NUAST Maths department celebrates our Senior Maths Challenge results
Results from the UKMT Senior Maths Challenge (Maths - 25/10/2023)
- Yr12 putting the Lathe shop to good use.
Amazing opportunities for all our Engineering students at NUAST (Engineering - 18/10/2023)