Careers at NUAST
Careers at NUAST are at the very heart of everything that we do. Around 80% of our Post 16 students go on to University study, with the majority of the rest choosing higher or degree level apprenticeships.
This page of our website is designed for our current students to help find the future direction that is right for them.
At the heart of careers at is Unifrog. All students from year 10 upwards currently have a unifrog log in. Unifrog is an extremely powerful tool that allows students to see current university places on offer, apprenticeships of all levels as well as sixth form places. Students can enter their own predicted grades and Unifrog will find you courses related to your interests that suit your likely results.
Students can filter opportunities according to distance, type of institution, student satisfaction and much more. Students can write their Cv's and application letters using its software.
Students can sign in here
In addition, Unifrog offers:
- Access to thousands of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
- Comprehensive information and videos about jobs and careers
- Loads of advice on the application process
- Ability to record any work experience you might have
- Ability to record skills you have learned for competency based interview questions
- Ability to record interactions with employers
We encourage ALL students in years 10-13 to use Unifrog frequently. Students can use their phones to access it.
- Year 8 Netball
A great start to the year 8 netball tournament! (Physical Education - 20/09/2021)
- A Winning Start to Fixtures for NUAST!
Year 9 Football Tournament (Physical Education - 17/09/2021)
- Welcome back
Hello from your new Maths team from Mr Dow, our new Head of Mathematics (Mathematics - 04/09/2021)
- Congratulations to our Junior Maths challenge winners
The UKMT are a national body, based at Leeds University, coordinating mathematics competitions. (Mathematics - 04/09/2021)
- 2021 Sports Day Winners!!
Congratulations to all the winning houses!! (Physical Education - 03/09/2021)