For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Congratulations to our Year 7 and 8 Mathematics champions!
Sixty Year 7 and 8 students took part in a National Maths Competition. (Whole School - 11/07/2020)
- End Of Term Information
Message from Mr Tapp (Whole School - 07/07/2020)
- Limited opening from the 15th June
Face to face contact for Year 10 and Year 12 will begin from the 15th June. (Whole School - 12/06/2020)
- Covid 19 Update
Letters update (Whole School - 20/03/2020)
- School Closure Year 7, 8 and 10
NUAST will be closed for Years 7, 8 and 10 until further notice (Whole School - 17/03/2020)