For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Bronze!!! For the year 7 futsal team!
Congratulation to the year 7 futsal team on their first ever tournament! (Physical Education - 24/01/2022)
- Year 7 Numeracy Ninjas
As part of our commitment to developing our younger students' numeracy skills. (Mathematics - 23/01/2022)
- Year 13 parents' evening
4:00 - 7:00pm Thur 3rd February 2022 (Mathematics - 19/01/2022)
- UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge
The 2022 Intermediate challenge takes place on Thursday 3rd February (Mathematics - 19/01/2022)
- Year 13 exams
Pure Maths and Further Pure Core mock papers are now all completed (Mathematics - 19/01/2022)