For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Re-opening of NUAST
NUAST will begin phased reopening from 08/03/21 (Whole School - 08/03/2021)
- Remote Education - NUAST is closed to all students except keyworker students
Following DFE guidance NUAST is closed to all students except keyworker/vulnerable students. (Whole School - 03/01/2021)
- Year 7 2021 Open Evenings
Due to COVID restrictions Year 7 Open Evenings will take place virtually (Whole School - 17/09/2020)
- NUAST return to school in September
NUAST opens to all year groups (Whole School - 11/08/2020)
- Congratulations to our Year 7 and 8 Mathematics champions!
Sixty Year 7 and 8 students took part in a National Maths Competition. (Whole School - 11/07/2020)