For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Year 9 students shine a light on bike safety
Year 9 students shine a light on bike safety (Engineering - 17/06/2022)
- Things are really taking off in year 7
Year 7 students have been making Spitfires (Engineering - 13/06/2022)
- UKMT Junior Maths Challenge Success -
Here are three of our favourite questions from this year’s Junior Maths Challenge paper (Mathematics - 05/06/2022)
- Transition Information
Transition information for parents/carers of Year6 students coming to NUAST (Whole School - 19/05/2022)
- Year 12 visit to University of Nottingham
The whole of year 12 had a campus tour (Whole School - 18/05/2022)