For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Year 8 Netball
A great start to the year 8 netball tournament! (Physical Education - 20/09/2021)
- A Winning Start to Fixtures for NUAST!
Year 9 Football Tournament (Physical Education - 17/09/2021)
- Welcome back
Hello from your new Maths team from Mr Dow, our new Head of Mathematics (Mathematics - 04/09/2021)
- Congratulations to our Junior Maths challenge winners
The UKMT are a national body, based at Leeds University, coordinating mathematics competitions. (Mathematics - 04/09/2021)
- 2021 Sports Day Winners!!
Congratulations to all the winning houses!! (Physical Education - 03/09/2021)