Design and Technology GCSE
Design and Technology
At Key Stage 4 students have the option of studying GCSE Design and Technology. this is a two year course and is started in year 10.
GCSE Design and Technology will prepare our students to participate confidently and successfully in an increasingly technological world. Students will gain awareness and learn from wider influences on Design and Technology including historical, social, cultural, environmental and economic factors. Students will get the opportunity to work creatively when designing and making and apply technical and practical expertise.
Outline of qualification
There are two assessments for Design and Technology.
2 hour examination - 50%
• Core technical principles
• Specialist technical principles
• Designing and making principles
30-35 hour Non-Examined Assessment
The NEA is a substantial design and make task
• Identifying and investigating design possibilities
• Producing a design brief and specification
• Generating design ideas
• Developing design ideas
• Realising design ideas
• Analysing & evaluating
- Yr 8 Pewter casting - completed projects
Amazing opportunities for all our Yr8 Engineering students at NUAST (16/11/2023)
- Yr 8 Pewter casting
Amazing opportunities for all our Yr8 Engineering students at NUAST (06/11/2023)
- Yr12 putting the Lathe shop to good use.
Amazing opportunities for all our Engineering students at NUAST (18/10/2023)
- New PCs for Engineering in the CAD Room
New opportunities for all our Engineering students at NUAST (04/10/2023)
- Year 11 students go automated
Year 11 students work with the CNC lathes in the coursework (09/03/2023)